Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help please

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Hi everybody, I'm new to this board. I wanted to know how the Kodak splicing tape is applied to tape two film strips. I know it sounds kinda strange, but I don't know how to put it on the film. I've used another brand, but it's applied differently, so can someone be nice enough to gimme some help here smile

  2. #2
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hey there -
    The kodak splicing tapes are used to join two ends of film together (the film ends are butted up against each other), the sprocket holes are pre-punched in the splicing tape so you have to line up the tape holes with the film holes.
    I have never tried to do this without a splicer even though I guess you could hold the film down while you stick the tape on.
    But usually you would use the sprockets on something like the kodak universal splicer to hold your film down and keep it in line.
    Does that answer your question?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Well I do have a Universal splicer, but my problem is that I can't get the tape to stick to the film. I;ve tried several times but it won't stick properly.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Well, if you can't get the tape to stick to the film properly it could be a few things.
    1) You might need a much steadier hand to line up the tape holes with the sprockets
    2) As silly as it sounds, you might not be peeling off the paper tabs to expose the adhesive of the tape.
    3) You also could have old splcing tapes. (this is the most likely problem) Believe me, if the presstapes haven't been stored properly they will lose their stick.


    **If that doesn't answer your question you might have to elaborate on what you mean by not sticking properly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •